1. I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers. [Name that book!] I always loved October in the Midwest and October in the Northwest so far has exceeded my expectations. It’s cool and gloomy in the morning but in the afternoon the fog burns off to October’s bright blue weather.
2. I had a job interview yesterday! I think it went well, and the job seems like a much better fit for my skills than the last job was. The Boss Man said they would have a decision for me soon; if y’all have a chance, I’d appreciate a prayer!
3. How else am I keeping busy without a job? I have a backlog of continuing education to get done, I’m exploring my new city, and of course there’s an adorable niece and nephew to spoil. And I need to join a gym…
4. I have not been doing much reading since all of my books are on the moving van, which is AWOL. Well, not completely; the moving van was supposed to get here yesterday, but the moving company has told us it won’t be here until Monday. My TV is also on the moving van, as is half my kitchen and half my furniture, and not knowing where everything is is making me something something…
5. DH has transitioned to working from home and he loves it. I love the arrangement too (well, I’d love it more if I had a job, but I digress). He’s under a lot less stress with no commute and no coworkers to annoy him, and that makes me a lot happier.
6. We’re right in the middle of 40 Days for Life! This is an amazing campaign that has borne wonderful fruits. Please do what you can to support, whether through public or private prayer, fasting, or donations!
7. It’s Friday, so we need a song! Here’s an ’80s classic: “Waiting for a Star to Fall” by Boy Meets Girl.
For more Quick Takes, visit Kelly at This Ain’t the Lyceum!