1. No updates on Larisa yet! Please keep praying for her.
2. Soaking up the sun is what I’ve been doing a lot of lately! After last week’s snow (first time I can ever recall snow in May), we’ve had gorgeous weather where I live and I’ve been enjoying the heck out of it. (And as a result, not blogging. Sorry, folks!) Luckily, I saved my tomatoes from the snow. The night before it snowed, DH and I went to the hardware store and picked up a few glass quart jars and used them to cover the tomatoes. It looked goofy, but it worked like a charm!
3. I got nothin’ else, so let’s talk orphans for awhile. First up is Shaina, an adorable little girl who needs to be adopted by JUNE 2013 or she will age out!
Shaina already has over $5000 raised for her adoption – wow! Won’t somebody please take her home?
4. This one is a three-fer: Trudy, Tristan, and Tatiana! These three are siblings who live in the same region but in different orphanages. All three have HIV. Tatiana has FAS, and Tristan has unspecified mental delays. Reece’s Rainbow is hoping to find a way for them to be adopted together. Do you know their family? Maybe you do and you don’t know it!
5. Next up is Cate! Cate is ten years old and has the following heart issues: discordant atrioventricular junction, corrigent transposition of magistral vessels, coronary-left ventricle fistula, complete atrioventricular heart block. If she had the proper medical care, she could probably thrive. She may also have FAS – the records aren’t clear.
6. Finally, we have Matthew John, who needs a family by September 2013! He has an absence of skull and congenital dyskinesia of his limbs. However, he’s described as an extroverted boy who gets along with the other kids in his institution and likes to play football. (I’m guessing they mean soccer.) And he has zero dollars in his account – what a travesty!
7. It’s Friday, so it’s time for a song! As you might have guessed, this week’s song is “Soak Up the Sun” by Sheryl Crow.
For more Quick Takes from Jen and others, visit Conversion Diary!
St. Frances Xavier Cabrini, pray for orphans!