1.Because I’m now Madison and Mason‘s Guardian Angel, they will always be take #1. Due to her age, Madison’s ONLY chance at a family is to be adopted with Mason! If you’d like to adopt them, let me know and I will have a matching fund drive on my blog as I did for Larisa.
2. Do you know a family who could adopt these kids? Maybe you do and you don’t realize it yet! Spread the word – these kids can’t get adopted if nobody knows they exist!
3. You may be wondering if I got the job I applied for a few weeks back. Nope. No worries, though; I knew I was a long shot, and I still have a job, so all is well.
4. I have never gone shopping on Black Friday. It’s not that I don’t like to shop; I do! I love to shop – online. But get up at zero dark thirty to fight an insane crowd of people who act like it’s the Zombie Apocalypse and they’re the zombies?
I already get up entirely too early for work. No way am I missing a chance to sleep in!
5. As far as shopping on Thanksgiving goes, Matt Walsh has an excellent take on it. I’ll just give you my reaction to leaving my family, my pie, and my beer to fight the aforementioned zombies:
6. I also can’t say that I’ve participated in Buy Nothing Day, but I appreciate the sentiment. The reason I say that is that my family usually has a big activity on the day after Thanksgiving too, and while we don’t shop, we do spend money – usually on movie tickets or bowling.
7. It’s Friday, I’ve been neglecting the blog, and a holiday is coming up. You get a video! Here’s the Thanksgiving play scene from Addams Family Values.
For more Quick Takes from Jen and others, visit Conversion Diary!
St. Frances Xavier Cabrini, pray for orphans!