1. Let’s start today’s Quick Takes with a picture of sweet Larisa! I Miss Larisa has over $1400 available for her adoption – that’s a head start for any prospective family!
2. If you haven’t seen the news about Father Emil Kapaun and his posthumous Medal of Honor, I urge you to head over to the Wichita Eagle’s site. Since Kapaun is from the Wichita area and two miracles attributed to him occurred in the Wichita area, the Eagle has covered Kapaun extensively.
3. Last year at this time, I was posting pictures of my garden. You may have noticed that I haven’t done that this year. Last year was unusually warm (and I jumped the gun a bit on planting). This year has been about average, which means we’re still in danger of frost for the next few days. I’d hoped to head to the greenhouse today, but it looks like it’ll be just cold enough tonight that I need to wait. Bummer.
4. Also it was cold and wet all day yesterday, which means the garden expansion isn’t quite complete yet. Guess I should take care of that before I plant anything, huh?
5. Let’s see, what am I growing this year? Narrowing the focus a bit – it’ll be tomatoes, jalapeños and at least one other hot pepper (lobbying for habañeros, but DH has a much lower capsaicin tolerance than I do). Garlic is currently growing – once I pull it up I’ll probably put radishes and salad greens in. Oh, and cilantro. (Sorry, Jen!)
6. This happens to me every week. I get to take #6 and realize I got nothin’. Sorry, kids.
7. It’s Friday so it’s time for a song! I realized I’ve been doing this for over a year and have yet to include one Bob Marley song. For shame! I give you “No Woman No Cry.”
For more Quick Takes from Jen and others, visit Camp Patton!