1.Because I’m now Madison and Mason‘s Guardian Angel, they will always be take #1. Madison will age out in September, so she needs a family soon! If you’d like to adopt them, let me know and I will have a matching fund drive on my blog as I did for Larisa.
2. Do you know a family who could adopt these kids? Maybe you do and you don’t realize it yet! Spread the word – these kids can’t get adopted if nobody knows they exist!
3. I have fallen in love with jalapeño jam. I saw a recipe for it in the Ball canning book and it sounded so strange I had to give it a try, and then I was hooked. It’s sweet with just a hint of spiciness and makes me want to eat PBJ every day. Here’s the recipe I used.
4. My other canning project has been salsa. I’m using this recipe from Grow It Cook It Can It. Now that I’ve made about two dozen jars of salsa, I think I’m good for awhile. :) What are some of your favorite ways to can tomatoes?
5. DH and I recently started watching Mad Men. (We’re still on season 1 so don’t spoil anything for me!) Draper and his cronies remind me of the Bill Brasky skits from ’90s SNL, in which Will Ferrell and several other men drunkenly repeated tall tales of Brasky’s manly exploits. If you haven’t seen them, click here for some clips. Anyway, Ana Gasteyer would often come in and tell the Brasky Buddies, “You are horrible men!” I often feel like Ana Gasteyer when I watch that show.
[And I really like the fashion!]
6. On a related note, anybody else think the golden years of Saturday Night Live were the ’90s? Just me? OK.
7. It’s Friday, so it’s time for a song! This week’s song is “Radioactive” by Imagine Dragons.
For more Quick Takes from Jen and others, visit Conversion Diary!
St. Frances Xavier Cabrini, pray for orphans!