1. Ladies and gentlemen, I think we have our First Step. DH said that while he doesn’t believe in the Bible, he could “find some things of value in it” such as this. ”Oh, and the moral teaching’s good too.” So, it’s a baby step, but I’ll take it!
2. I’m a Guardian Angel! I’m now Larisa’s Guardian Angel on Reece’s Rainbow. Guardian Angels advocate for their child to find a forever family and fundraise for them. Larisa only has $200 – folks, I know we can do better than that! Let’s bring the total up! I’d love to get her to $500 by next week. The bigger the grant, the more likely she’ll get a home. From Reece’s Rainbow: “She is very fond of studying English. The girl is very creative, loves to do different things with her own hands. She is very responsible, communicative, among children is very supportive but sometimes she is emotional.” (Well, duh. She’s 13 years old! What teenage girl isn’t emotional?)
Just look at her! So sweet!
4. First harvest of 2012 – radishes! Not the greatest quality since I took this with my phone, but you get the idea. They were delicious too! No, I’m not a member of the Blue Man Group – I was wearing slightly-too-large gardening gloves. :)
5. Another gardening first, which I haven’t yet taken a picture of: first carrot seedlings! We had a ton of rain last weekend and when it finally subsided, the little carrots finally came out to play.
6. Did you know a performer in his/her first season at the circus is known as a First of May? In Ye Olden Tymes, circuses would leave their winter quarters on May 1, and there were always new hires who hadn’t been in the circus before. (Where did I learn this? And why is it that I can remember this fact but not where I left my phone? The world is a mysterious place.)
7. TGIF! Time for a song! This Friday’s song is “The Saga Begins” by Weird Al. May the Fourth be with you! :)