1. Thank you to everyone who prayed for Father B. He’s on the mend but not completely healed yet. Any and all prayers for him are appreciated!
2. Speaking of prayer, I finally have the chance to reveal who prayed for me this Lent! It was Laura at Watts Up in the Tundra?!? Thanks for your prayers, Laura! They were a huge help to me.
3. April and May are going to be the longest months ever. As far as work is concerned, anyway. The other day I was stuck at work with one pregnant lady and two guys whose wives are pregnant and guess what they talked about for the Entire. Freaking. Afternoon? To top it all off, someone asked me when I was going to have a kid. It was all I could do not to say “The next [expletive] that asks me when I’m having an [expletive] baby is getting pistol-whipped!” Two more coworkers have babies due in May, and then maybe everybody will shut up about the baby stuff for awhile. I think I can…
4. I saw this in my backyard and I knew I had to post it.
A little nest, which two robins lovingly built and laid their eggs in, blown down by some strong winds. I feel like this picture sums up my life… the nest is perfect but the eggs are broken.
5. I had hoped to finish The Secret Diary of Elisabeth Leseur before Easter, but didn’t. Hopefully I’ll get done with it soon and can post a review. Elisabeth was very wise and very close to God, and reading her book feels like getting advice from a big sister.
6. There are a lot of reasons why I love gardening, but one of the big ones is that it’s a lot easier to make dinner when you can just make a salad from stuff in your backyard. Man, I can’t wait for my plants to get bigger.
7. We must have a song for Friday! This Friday’s song is the theme song from Today’s Special. Anybody else like that show when they were a kid? Just me? OK.