1. The second greatest thrill of my life is traveling. The greatest is coming home. As much as I enjoy getting away from it all, it’s nice to come back to it all with renewed focus. (And of course, renewing focus is why we get away from it all in the first place.)
2. And then of course we get back to work and it seems like all H-E-double-hockey-sticks breaks loose. What cracks up both me and DH is that the morning we get back from from vacation, everybody says, “Hey, did you get my e-mail last Thursday?”
Um. No. I’ve been at work all of five minutes and I’ve learned the hard way that checking work e-mail on your day off is a recipe for disaster.
3. Lent is upon us. Yes, I found something to give up (beer) and DH is joining me. I reminded him yet again that he doesn’t have to give anything up because he’s not Catholic (although it’s very sweet of him to do so), but yet again he decided he’d go along for the ride. Let’s hope that this year is not an EPIC LENT FAIL for me and that I can set a good example for DH.
4. Does anyone else like Hoarders as much as I do? Most of my friends don’t like the show as much as I do, and DH gets so grossed out by the show he can’t even be in the same room when it’s on. But I am a bit of a slob and rarely get grossed out, and I can’t look away! I suppose it’s like a visit from the Ghost of Christmas Future: Clean up your house or you’ll wind up like these people! And yes, after I watch it I usually clean the house and donate a bunch of stuff to Goodwill.
5. Speaking of TV, I fell into the Downton Abbey trap. I blame Jen over at Conversion Diary. I was channel surfing one night when I was sick and happened across PBS and thought, “Oh, Downton Abbey. Jen likes it so maybe I should check it out…” and then found myself transfixed. And I’m not sorry, I tell you! It’s a great show! :)
6. Man, I’m getting sick of dreary weather. Only 25 days till spring! I got my seeds ordered Thursday and I’m excited!
7. And of course, we need a song for Friday! This Friday’s song is a classic: Around the World by Daft Punk.