1. What is your favorite room in the house? The kitchen! I love experimenting with new food, I love the fellowship of cooking a meal with someone, and I love looking out the back window at my garden.
2. Do you subscribe to any magazines or other periodicals? Yes. I get a trade journal that I do my best to keep up with for continuing education purposes. I also get Glamour, a guilty pleasure, and Mother Earth News, which has excellent gardening and DIY advice. Sometimes I see the latter two on my coffee table and think they’ll spontaneously combust.
3. How do you feel about the sign of peace in Mass? Enriching? Awkward? Overdone? Just right? Some combination of the above? The sign of peace can be really awkward when you’re at Mass by yourself (which I usually am when I’m not in the choir loft). “Which person do I turn to first? The person on my left has to shake hands with their spouse and 50 kids before mine, and the person on my right has to hug their boyfriend. Great, now I’m standing here holding out my hand like a dork! Somebody shake my hand! Oh, good, it’s the Lamb of God.” So, yeah, I don’t really like it, but that’s mainly because I’m a socially awkward dork.
4. What is your least favorite sound? Today, It’s the sound of the words, “You’re next!”
Sorry. Bad mood. On other days, it’s the sound of a ringing phone because I hate talking on the phone, and at my job, we go through stretches where the phone rings every 30 seconds. Usually during these times, it’s somebody calling asking me to fix something they can do themselves, or ask me to do something I’ve already done, and after about the 5th one of these calls, it gets really difficult to be patient.
5. What was your favorite TV show (or shows) growing up? The Cosby Show! I watched every episode, and nowadays if I have a sick day, I try to find it on TV. The Huxtables were the ultimate TV family. I also watched a lot of Saturday morning cartoons, especially Garfield and Friends and The Smurfs.
6. What are your favorite TV shows now? Netflix and my DVR are my friends – DH and I tend to binge watch one day of the week and the TV remains off the rest of the week. In no particular order, I/we like:
- Doctor Who
- Mad Men
- The Profit
- Downton Abbey
Also, anything on the Smithsonian channel will keep us entertained.
For more Answer Me This fun, visit Kendra at Catholic All Year!